Emerge and Surface

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week 7 Damon Casarez


This is the newest photo in my series of staged photographs. I saw a couple in Altadena about 3 weeks ago sitting on a bus stop bench together similar to this photo and I knew right away that I was going to re-stage it. I'm interested in the visual oddity of the situation and where the traditional roles in the relationship are switched. I'm not trying to poke fun at this situation, but simply re-create the nice tender moment I saw between the two.

This shoot was a lot of fun. I had 5 people on the shoot; 2 actors on the bench and 3 background people. I also had a friend majoring in theater costume design help me pick clothing for the shoot.

1 comment:

  1. this is a great direction that you are heading towards. i would love to see this projected onto a wall life size.

    ReplyDelete