Emerge and Surface

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 8 Damon Casarez

Publish Post
Yev

Lucy

These are 3 shots I have done in the last couple weeks for fashion that I'm pretty happy with. The first 2 photos were taken last Friday and the 3nd image was taken 2 weeks before. In the last few weeks I've tried to do studio lighting set ups with gray backdrops and everything just to try something completely different and I always end up just shooting around the studio at the last minute when I become bored with the standard studio lighting set up. I've been very inspired by just watching the models waiting for people to shoot them and observing them in their down time when they are bored and on their phones or talking with the other models or when they just go off by themselves and watch the other shoots going on. I'd like to keep shooting these types of portraits of the models while they are waiting, bored, tired and sometimes just don't want to be there. Paul wanted me to get in closer with the portraits and I tried doing this with Yev, but these pulled back, more environmental shots turned out better I think. I am still going to get in closer with my portraits and hopefully I will get a successful image this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment