Emerge and Surface

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week #6 Robert S Evans III






I shoot this still life last spring during my first go around in a food photography class at Art Center. The brief was green and we had to use seven different objects with four of them being food. Earlier that week I was randomly given a set of 1:32 ratio of German WWII soldiers. Which I had the strange urge to use for this brief one because they were green and another I thought it would be cool to have then fighting these weird green candy frogs. Then I was off to Whole Foods to partake in one of my newly discovered parts of producing a shoot propping which now for me is at much fun as the actual shoot . I was like a kid in a candy store. I found so much green food it was hard to focus. However I decided that I would build a world out of veggies and have the soldiers epic battle against the alien green frog candies. The shoot was a lot of fun and brought back some childhood memories of dressing in my fathers old military clothes and setting up battles with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment