Emerge and Surface

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Casey Harris - Please Please Tell Me Now!

Trixis Final colored stripes

This particular character, named Trixis, came from the images that fluttered through my head while listening to Duran Duran and Wham! Particularly "Is There Something I Should Know?" by Duran Duran. Its one of my favorites. Its pure British 80's pop nonsense and I LOVE IT.

I really tried to incorporate more of a sense of the style of the period, more of a caricature of the style, rather than base it purely on existing fashion pieces. I tried to embody the feeling of the music and the imagery it inspires.




1 comment:

  1. Brings back memories. Also look up the film "Liquid Sky" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085852/

    You are onto something here. Add another character and typography to give it more of a story. I am going to enjoy seeing where you head with this work. :O)

    ReplyDelete