Emerge and Surface

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 3: Karla, Photographer

I can honestly say that lady gaga had nothing to do with this shoot! I shot this photo a few terms ago here at Art Center. I was walking down Hollywood Boulevard and on a whim decided to go one of the costume stores down there. This is where I picked up that wig and the crown.
My model was a girl I had been talking to and we had discussed how she had been taking acting classes so she was pretty excited just to have fun. We originally got together to do some photos outdoors and wound up taking some photos inside as well. She seemed pretty excited that this shoot gave her the ability to be someone else for a few hours. Honestly I think my inspiration came from photos of Courtney Love but now I can't show the photo without someone saying "oh that's soooo gaga" :(

1 comment:

  1. Ah the problem of images that overtake your's. We all have that moment when someone refers to our work as "so ____". We can time stamp it and say "did it before so and so". But regardless of what we say or do, that image will be tied to that time period, place or person.
    Developing your style takes time and exploration, Karla you are well on your way to your style because of the way you find inspiration everywhere and taking that and putting it into your work.
    This is a great image, and you created it.

    ReplyDelete