Emerge and Surface

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 4: Karla Gotcher, Photographer


I have a guilty pleasure, can you tell what it is? As if you couldn't guess by looking at this photo, I have a little thing for country music. In a way it reminds me of home...where there's nothing else to do except for pile in the truck, turn on the honky tonk and star gaze for a bit. Most of the time I get strange looks from people when I try to describe the beautiful simplicity of it all but whatever :P
Anyway, finding a true country girl out here was too entirely difficult so I wound up casting an actress who swore up and down that she loved country music. Turns out that she fooled me because she was most definitely not interested in the country music blaring from the speakers at the shoot :P However, I think she did a great job of pulling off the look of a country singer which is what I was going for. Thanks to Marisa I bought this amazing floral wallpaper from a place she suggested and the styling as far as clothing, props and jewelry go was all me.

No comments:

Post a Comment