Emerge and Surface

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 3 Damon Casarez




This is a portrait for my photo production class of a friend named Robert. I met Robert about 3 years ago in Pomona while walking around shooting photos. I asked him if I could photograph his interesting house and he let me and ended up talking with me for about 3 hours telling me his life story. Robert has lived in this house his whole life (65 years). He has been in street gangs in Pomona since the age of 5. He has had a rough life due to drugs, alcohol and gangs. I ended up becoming friends with him and visit him once every month or two months since I've met him. I photographed him for one day about a year ago for a final project for a class, trying to tell his story through him and his environment. This is the 2nd time I've photographed him. I went to his house to visit him last week and ended up taking a portrait of him with the tools he made.

No comments:

Post a Comment